Friday 13 January 2012

Fish on Friday

Good day my brothers and sisters.

Be attentive and listen to me. I want to share an extremely strong affirmation and prayer that I came across yesterday and needed to spend some time going over before deciding if it should go on this blog.

It is of course up to you, but I believe - even in the awareness of my own ignorance of all the unseen powers in this universe - that I will benefit in a few ways from saying this prayer.

This prayer is long and that I believe is an intrinsic part of its power.



Prayer at Daybreak - Archimandite
                    Sophronios

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who of thy inscrutable goodness called me to this life; who bestowed on me the grace of Baptism and the seal of the Holy spirit; who imbued me with the desire to seek thee, the one true God: hear my prayer.
I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom; no strength exept in Thee, O God. Because of my unrightousness I dare not raise my eyes to Thee. But Thou said to Thy disciples, `Whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do.`
Where I dare invoke Thee.
Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit.
Teach me to pray alright.
Bless this day which Thee give unto me, Thy unworthy servant.
By the power of Thy blessing enable me at all times to speak and to act to Thy glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom: aware always of Thy presense.
Of Thy immense goodness, O Lord God, show me the path of Thy will, and grant me to walk in Thy sight without sin.
O lord, unto whom all hearts be open, Thee know what things I have need of.
Thee are aquainted with my blindness and my ignorance,
Thee know my infirmity and my soul`s corruption;
but neither are my pain and anguish hid from Thee.
Wherefore I beseech thee, hear my prayer and by Thy Holy Spirit teach me the way wherein I should walk, and when my perverted will would lead me down other paths spare me not O Lord, but force me back to Thee.
By the power of Thy love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good.
Preserve mefrom every wor or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse  unpleasing in Thy sight and hurtful to my brother-mankind. Teach me what I should say and how I shold speak.
If it be Thy will that I make no answer, inspire me to keep silent in a spirit of peace that causes nether sorrow nor hurt to my fellowman.
Establish me in the path of Thy commandments and to my last breath let me not stray from the light of Thy ordinances, that Thy comandments may become the sole law of my being on this earth and all eternity.
Yea, Lord, I pray to Thee, have pity on me. In my foolishness, o God, I plead with Thee for many and great things. Yet I am ever mindful of my wickedness, by baseness, my vilenes.
Have mercy upon me.
Cast me not away from your presence because of my presumption.
Do Thee rather increase in me this presumption, and grant unto me the worst of mankind, to love Thee as Thee commanded with all my heart, and with all my strength.
With my whole being.
Yea, O Lord, by The Holy Spirit, teach me good judgement and knowledge.
Grant me to know Thy truth before I go down into the grave. Maintain my life in this world until I may offer unto Thee worthy repentance.
Take me not away in the midst of my days nor while my mind is still blind.
When Thee shall be pleased to fring my life to an end, forewarn me that I may prepare my Soul to come before Thee.
Be with me, O Lord, at that dread hour and grant me the joy of salvation.
Cleanse me from secret faults, from all iniquity that is hidden in me; and give me a right answer before Thy judgement seat.
Yea Lord, of Thy great mercy and immeasurable love for mankind be known to me. Amen.

I know Fish on friday is a blog where I tend to share spiritual things and today I may have suppaced past blogs. Saying this, I have left out a bit because I thought it may me too much to take in in one blog. So I may if upon prayer belive it is the right thing to do, put it in an evening post.

Have a good day my brothers and sisters and know that you are loved. My alarm is just going off and so I must take Buster over the park. Bye for now, Peter          

No comments: