Saturday 14 January 2012

Good day to you my brothers and sisters. A mystic blog to share.

   The lives of mystics suggest that one
   cannot exist permantly in a stage of bliss
   until all karma and personality issues have
   been released, or true liberation occurs.

Aurobindo said "all limitations can be surmounted.. by calling in a higher power and consiousness than that of the personal mind and will. The higher consiousness than that of personal mind and will. The higher consciousness can, by what it brings, correct or rebuild what is defective in the personal nature . He believed of the first tasks necessary for spiritual seekers was to achieve a settled peace and silence in mind, and equanimity (calmness, composure, steadiness) in the being, trusting that happiness comes from the satisfaction of the soul rather than of the emotions or the body, which can never be satisfied.
                                  ...................................................................................................

Unconditional love is not a familier experience for most of us, and loving without a particular object is difficult to maintain, so projections are engaged. The personality just naturally wants someone special to give it to.
Learning to love God as expressed in every aspect of the universe is one of the highest intentions of the spiritual practice, and one of the most difficult to attain.

                                   ............................................................................................

Obviously this is something we have to not just ourselves work at, but prepare by meditation and prayer to be open to letting that which is supernatural work in us. For this I will share the following, which is from the mystic, John of the cross.
Cloud Prologue
                              May I Praise You worthily
  To you, O God
  every heart stands open,
  and every will speaks,
  No secret is hidden from you.
  Purify my mind,
  My thoughts and my heart
  With the gift of you grace,
  so that I may love you perfectly
  and praise you worthily.
 
                          The Giver is the Gift
  Lord, I ask nothing of you
  except the gift of love,
    that is the Holy Spirit.
  for among all your gifts
  there is none so good and valuable
     so noble and exellent as this.
  For in no other gift save yor gift of Love
  is the Giver himself the Gift,
  so that the gift
  is the noblest and best of all

        I desire your love
  Lord, I desire your love,
  not because I am worthy,
  but because I am unworthy;
  for if I had it,
  it would make me worthy.
  And since you created  me for your love,
  although I may never enjoy it,
  I will still desire it,
  pray for it
  and hope to attain it..

I must go now and let my youngest son, Harry use this computer and so I leave you with the Love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
   Your brother in christ, Peter.  

No comments: