Sunday 24 June 2012

Art I painted yesterday + Ancient Sanskrit Poem +








LOOK WELL to this day!
For it is life,
the very best of life.
In its brief course lie all the varieties and truths of existence;
The joy of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendor of beauty,
For yesterday is but a memory,
and tomorrow is only a vision;
But today well-lived
Makes every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well therefore to this day!
                                                      ANCIENT SANSKRIT POEM

LET MY life be like the rainbow,
       whose colors teach us unity;
Let me follow always the great circle,
       the roundness of power,
One with the moon and the sun,
      and the ripple of waters,
Following the sacred way of honor,
     a guide and protector to the weak,
A rock of strength in my word
     that shall no evil, no lie nor deception.
Let me be like the otter,
    so loyal to his mate he will die for her,
So strong to his children they obey him
    as the shadows obey the sun;
And let me remember always the Great One,
    the Lord of Dawning,
Whose voice whispers to me in the breeze,
    whose words come to me out of all the circles of life, and
    whose command is like the thunder:
`Be kind, be kind, be brave, be brave,
   be pure, be pure, be humble as the earth,
    and be as radiant as the sunlight!`
                                                             NATIVE AMERICAN TRADITION: Guaymi Dawn Song

Well my brothers it has been a long and worthwhile day for me. I took my sons Joshua and Harry to their first communion at All Saints, here in Luton, since there confirmation last week at St Albans cathedral. After taking them home this afternoon I went back to church where members of different Christian churches met and we read through one of the gospels.
Now its a time of quiet reflection and prayer for me here now.
I trust that you who visit this blog will have a good week and are able to find periods of quiet to still the mind and share in a common communion that is Love.
Blessings, Love and peace be upon us all. Now and always.
Your brother, Peter.

No comments: