Saturday 2 June 2012

Sunday 3rd June and thank God you are seeing this.

                                                 
                                 A thumbnail picture of a bit of a painting I did yesterday!


Good day my brothers and sisters,
for now I can start by explaining the title of the blog. Its is nearly five in the morning and I always seem to get a chance to go on the computer, when I have a son staying over, if I get up early. They usually stay up late playing games on the computer. I really enjoy it if I can go to bed early enough to awake naturally before dawn. 
Its looks wet and bleak outside, here in Luton, England at the moment, but the birds are singing in the day.
Yesterday I went into town and bought another bottle of floating medium, which makes floating paint easy. I was thinking that when I next buy a canvas, to experiment with first painting it with an acrylic base coat and then then spraying it with a fine vegetable oil, before putting more paint on. Thinking about it , I am not sure that would work.

                                     The Secret of the Lord
 The secret (friendship R.V.) of the Lord is with them that fear Him. Psalm 25:14
   What is the sign of a friend? That he tells you secret sorrows? No, that he tells you secret joys. Many will confide to you their secret sorrows, but the last mark of intimacy is to confide secret joys. Have we ever let God tell us any of His joys, or are we telling God our secrets so continually that we leave no room for Him to talk to us? At the beginning of our Christian life we are full of requests to God, then we find that God wants to get us into relationship with Himself, to get us in touch with His purposes, are we so wedded to Jesus Christ`s idea of prayer - "Thy will be done" - that we catch the secrets of God? The things that make God dear to us are not so much His great big blessings as the tiny things, because they show His amazing intimacy with us; He knows every detail of our individual lives.
  "... him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose." At first we want the consciousness of being guided by God, then as we go on we live so much in the consciousness of God that we do not need to ask what His will is, because the thought of choosing any other will never occur to us. If we are saved and sanctified God guides us by our ordinary choices, and if we are going to choose what He does not want, He will check, and we must heed. Whenever there is doubt, stop at once. Never reason it out and say - `I wonder why I shouldn`t?` God instructs us in what we choose, that is, He guides our common sense, and we no longer hinder His Spirit by continually saying - `Now, Lord, what is Thy will?`
Oswald Chambers.

Prayer for the acceptance of God`s will
O Lord, I know not what to ask of thee. Thou alone knowest what are my true needs. Thou lovest me more than I myself know how to love. Help me to see my real needs which are concealed from me. I dare not ask either a cross or consolation. I can only wait on thee. My heart is open to thee. Visit and help me, for thy great mercy`s sake. Strike me and heal me, cast me down and raise me up. I worship in silence thy holy will and thine inscrutable ways. I offer myself as a sacrifice to thee. I put all my trust in thee. I have no other desire than to fulfil thy will. Teach me how to pray. Pray thou thyself in me. Amen.
                                                                                         METROPOLITAN PHILARET OF MOSCOW 
    
I am not sure my brothers and sisters if I have put the above prayer in a blog before. If so then I guess its in again because its a prayer I have not yet said enough and would share with you encase there is one other soul who reads my blogs and is also able to get like me, some fortification from it!

Yesterday I went to the art supplies shop and was fortunate enough to purchase a pad of 25 A2 sheets of pater for £4.99 NORMAL RRP £9.50. I so wonder at times if its too cynical of me to wonder - especially as its a printed label from the manufacturer, not the retailer, which informs me of SPECIAL OFFER. I shall pay no more heed to this. There were other pads of paper there and this is what I chose.
My choices thus far this last say twenty five years have on the whole been good. Having said that, I do now regret not being born into the House of Windsor. Joke. There but for the grace of God go I. O yes, I did also purchase an A1 sheet of SNOW WHITE Canford card. 

Its five to six in the morning now and so, before my son awakens I will have a look at Youtube. Lets see what we get when we type in `Our thoughts become our reality.` !

Have a good week and be strong my brothers and sisters and know that we are loved.

Your brother Peter   
    

No comments: