Friday 1 June 2012

Friday Post: Early edition

Good day my brothers and sisters. I am already a bit tired and its only 8.30am. Good cause for this. I was up at 4am and by 4.40 had started to cycle to Barton springs. A medium size village outside Luton.
Its seemed like over five miles, but thats only a guess. Anyway I filled up a plastic container with about 10 litres of spring water, put it in my old newspaper round bag and made my way back. After getting half way my neck was hurting so much from the weight of the strap that I emptied nearly  a  third out.

When I go again in a couple of days I shall take a back pack with a couple of smaller bottles. Then again I could always wait until later in the day and go on the bus free, using my disabled bus pass.
In life there are disadvantages and advantages. At the moment I am not working in any moneymaking capacity, so rely on a reasonable monthly income from my works retirement pension and other benefits.
People that have to set of for work at say seven or eight in the morning to get there at nine and leave at five to get home, say six or seven. A lot of them are doing stuff they wouldnt choose as their ideal occupation. I realise its not necessitous for me to go a few miles and get the spring water that is filtered through the clay, for free. In half an hour or so I shall be driving to take my elderly mother to the supermarket and I will check out the price of there spring water, some of which may have even come from Scotland. How is that for a waste of carbon resources?
My mum has just phoned so I shall cut this short and get off. I think nowadays of the wedding in the bible where Mary asked Jesus to provide wine. This makes my tasks for mother seem small!

I hope to be back, God willing, with a Fish on Friday `peace` later. Toodle loo me darlings. Your bro
Peter.



















No comments: