Monday 11 June 2012

Life Art & Reverie




This is a photo of the sky which I took from my window. Those of you in touch with your inner artist, or just a discerning mind will see how it influences my art. The free flowing clouds. Reminding me of the seminal work, `The Cloud of Unknowing.`






So my brothers and sisters, I do trust that you had a good weekend. Above is some of the art which I have been doing over the last few days. The top photo is a `Peace which was the last I done in my art therapy book. On the next page is What Kate wrote to remind me of the session. Also the work which I shared with her which I had done outside the session.
She said my work seems to be phenomenological - in that it is spontaneous & uncontrolled like a `happening` - & that you discover new things you can see in your work.
She wrote, `your work and your relationship to your work gives me a sense of  `reverie`- the sheer pleasure & delight you experience in looking at your work & letting it speak back to you.

So now I can share with you that the joy of letting go of that which inhibits us from being free and which   has shackled some of us since childhood It has all come from outside us. From well meaning or bad parents, from education, or lack of it. The world conspires to knock that from us which is a present accompanying every baby into this world. Wonder and joy. The inborn creative desire to explore and experience all things.




So my brothers and sisters, some of us recognize that God is love and when we practice  love for all things we become God realized. Or some would say Krishna conscious/ Christ conscious. Transcendental meditation, or more often for me, I prefer the term transcendent prayer. This is for me to  just to be still and know `I Am God`.
I recognize God in even those who deny God or curse me.
 If my child is hurt, but still in a state of anger, I dont stop loving this child nor give up the desire to comfort them. Patiently I wait until they are receptive to my tender overtones.
My cosmic  Daddy is as this with me, but with infinite more patience & humour.  

Its raining outside and so as it now approaches 8.15am I am off to have a decaf coffee and read some more of the library book, Discover the gift, Its why we`re here, by Demian Lichtenstein and Shajen Joy Aziz. I sort out the wheat from the chaff and inwardly digest the wheatgerm.

Have a prosperous week my brothers and sisters. Know that you are loved and pass it on.
Your brother Peter.   

No comments: