Monday 25 June 2012

Evening Post: Still havent quite got the hang of new camera, but!

My artwork 
followed by
Popes
poem.







These though are shots from the latest painting. 

VITAL SPARK of heavenly flame!
Quit, O quit this mortal frame!
Trembling, hoping, lingering, flying,
O the pain, the bliss of dying!
Cease, fond Nature, cease thy strife,
And let me languish into life!

Hark! they whisper; angels say,
`Sister spirit, come away!`
What is this absorbs me quite?
Steals my senses, shuts my sight,
Drowns my spirits, draws my breath?
Tell me, my soul, can this be death?

The world recedes; it disappears!
Heaven opens on my eyes, my ears
With sounds seraphic ring.
Lend, lend your wings! I mount! I fly!
O Grave! where is thy victory?
O Death! where is thy sting!

                         Alexander Pope   

No comments: