Thursday 21 June 2012

Fish on Friday: The Ministry of the Interior

The Ministry of the Interior
But ye are  . . . a royal priesthood. 1 Peter 2:9
  By what right do we become "a royal priesthood"? By the right of the Atonement. Are we prepared to leave ourselves resolutely alone and to launch out into the priestly work of prayer? The continual grubbing on the inside to see whether we are what we ought to be, generates a self-centred, morbid type of Christianity, not the robust, simple life of the child of God.  Until we get into a right relationship to God, it is a case of hanging on by the skin of our teeth, and we say - `What a wonderful victory I have got!` There is nothing indicative of the miracle of Redemption in that. Launch out in reckless belief that the Redemption is complete, and then bother no more about yourself, but begin to do as Jesus Christ said - pray for the friend who comes to you at midnight, pray for the saints, pray for all men. Pray on the realisation that you are only perfect in Christ Jesus, not on this plea - O Lord, I have done my best, please hear me.`
  How long is it going to take God to free us from the morbid habit of thinking about ourselves? We must get sick unto death of ourselves, until there is no longer any surprise at anything God can tell us about ourselves. We cannot touch the depths of meanness in ourselves. There is only one place where we are right, and that is in Christ Jesus. When we are there, we have to pour out for all we are worth in the ministry of the interior.

The above has made me think to pause here and I shall take a break to meditate on my 106 Mala beads, `I no longer live yet Christ lives in me.`
Okay done that and I am now more centred in the love of God.

The following photos are of two paintings which were painted today and are still wet. So they will look slightly different tomorrow when they are dry.

       







So my brothers and sisters, I bid you farewell for today and trust that you will have a good weekend. Look in the photo of the painting directly above this writing. Can you see about half way up and two three quarters of the way to the right; is that me and another walking down a shallow stream. Perhaps its you and we have yet to do it. Maybe in a dream! To stop yearning for dreams is to kill the artist in you. Not though with hemlock, nor throwing oneself from a cliff into that torrent of raging sea crashing on the rocks below. No it is to smother the artist whilst asleep, with a feather pillow, mistakenly believing you are putting the world to rights.  Hang on; sshh I don't think Richard Dawkins is reading this blog, we are okay. I am joking. There is not really an entity called Richard Dawkins, just a character playing the part in Gods dream. Don't tell him, he is a figment of Gods imagination, as he may awake to the realisation that he is in fact not real!


Puff the magic dragon lives by the sea, so thank goodness I live inland!


Peace and love to you and I pray that you pass it on in prayer, words and deeds. Your brother, in (Remember, a sense of humour is a part of wholesomeness!)
Christ Jesus and of Buddha and all the Saints, Peter.      

No comments: