Thursday 7 June 2012

I heard a voice from Heaven


Good day and greetings of love and grace.





 This is the picture of a painting which I along with the influence of the Spirit of God, completed this morning. Below I will post some of the individual `peace`s` which attracted my attention.

  



Although the one below is a fuzzy shot, I included
it as I really like it and so you can see the stuff
which I am attracted to.

Oh yes, go look in the mirror!

God & me love you.







Can you see the heart! Who would know that would form there? 


"And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of great thunder: And I heard the voice of harpists harping with their harps" (Revelation14:2).These different sounds are vibratory Sound, or Om, reverberating all over the universe. By properly listening to and felling this cosmic sound, (Be still and know I am God) one`s human consciousness gradually becomes en-larged, its territory extended beyond the body to include the universe. (one song.)


That in whom reside all beings 
and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all,
the Supreme soul of the universe,
the limitless being - `I am That`

              amritabindu Upanishad.



I was reflecting on how recently I have enjoyed the actual process of painting and looking at the painting whilst still wet, more than the next day, when the paint has dried. It isnt just that it has lost its sheen. More it is that it has flattened out  and the colours more integrated. Its lost the vitality. Not completely mind you. When I say mind you, its out of a habit, which I have to destroy. 

I want to tell you a story about what can happen when we surrender the mind and just sit. Its the enlightenment experience of Dogen Zenji, the founder of the Japanese Soto Zen school. At the time, Dogen Zenji was studying at the monastery of his master, Tendo Nyojo, in China. The monks were practicing shikantaza, "just sitting." Dogen Zenji was sitting there, totally absorbed with just sitting. But the monk sitting next to him was tatally absorbed with just sleeping. This is not uncommon. At Soto monasteries the monks begin the day with zazen at four o`clock in the morning. To "help" the monks, the teacher walks through the zendo now and then. As Tendo Nyojo was walking by, he saw this poor fellow, sound asleep. Being a very kind teacher, Tendo Nyojo picked up the monk`s slipper and whacked him. Then he shouted, "Zazen is not sleeping. Its dropped off body and mind!" Hearing these words, Dogen Zenji dropped off body and mind and was enlighened.  

Don`t think that Tendo Nyojo`s words held some special magic. Dogen Zemji was able to let go of body and mind because he was totally involved in just sitting. He was in the samadhi of zazen. Dogen Zenji went on to become one of the greatest Zen teachers of all time, and his teaching is as true today as it was in the thirteenth century. He tells us to approach zazen with the body, not the mind. He stresses the importance of taking the correct posture and then tells us to just sit and be present.

So as a Zen Christian I do practice - but not yet enough - be still and know I AM God!

Have a good day my brothers and sisters.   That may sound presumptuous, as if I am assuming that there are both females and males in the stats of who visits this site. I am not limiting my good intentions to only this site! You can do it. Bless,   



























No comments: