Friday 1 February 2013

Experimementing with my art.

    Good day to you.  The two photos immediately below are snaps
   of a finished work I shared on yesterdays blog.

 

                      This triptych below though has more than hints of colour, but not a lot more.
                       If I was to read Stevie Smiths, `Not waving but drowning` (Is it `but`, or `yet`)
                       Then swam out to sea, as I did a few years ago during the middle of the night
                       in the Philippines;  these abstract paintings could represent the gentle, but sorrowful
                       emotions lapping on the shore of consciousness. The beach that I swam back to.
                       To a life that whilst worth the struggles and triumphs one soldiers on, one foot in
                        front of the other. Om mani padme hum. Thats how I pronounce this mantra.
  



                      Okay. These two paintings. Like the movement, lines and tones, but not happy
                       with the colour combination of the one below. Saying that, I am not completely
                       unhappy about it! Its one of those things we have to just leave to one side for a
                       while. The one above though, I like as it is and also may print of some copies to
                      colour and fill in using different `stuff`.  I so dont have the technical understanding
                      or ability to know if you can just copy and print sheets off to try it yourself. You
                      would proberbly come up with a result which would amaze me. Just a thought!
I shall end here for now with a little quote from Walt Whitman, but if I am able I should like to share a longer
section from his work, `Song of myself`` later.

"I celebrate myself, and sing myself, And what I assume you shall assume, for every atom belonging to me as good as belongs to you."

Blessings love and peace to you my brothers and sisters.
   Your bro Peter.

No comments: