Monday 13 May 2013

The view from halfway up the mountain. (The metaphorical mountain!)

Good day my brothers and sisters. The tittle of todays blog sums up how I am feeling today.
I am being positive in saying that I am half way up, as yesterday I was half way down and went to bed not happy with having a stray staffordshire bull-terrier to look after over night. I fed her and just let her out this morning to try and find her own way home.
This morning I had to go and pick my mother up and then two more elderly ladies from our church and then drop them at another for them to go on a Mothers Union coach outing.
So now I am back and shall post some photos of a painting done yesterday in an effort to rid my mind of depressing wretched thoughts. I awoke resolved to get through this day in a quiet peaceful way..
Tomorrow I am off - God willing - to the art studio in London. The universe has a way of letting us ride up on a wave so from the top we can see the shore and then it goes into a trough (is that the right word and what does it matter.) It didnt help to listen whilst driving on BBC radio four, about a composer who killed himself. So for now I shall share some photos which as is mostly the case, you will be the first to see after God and me. I presume He saw them in one sense before I had the conscious awareness of my involvement in the painting of them! So can I ask you please - as I do for you - to pray for the love and power of God almighty to strengthen me today and let me spend a lot of time in prayerful meditation. I am aware of my privileged position here. I dont have to suffer in an abusive relationship, or be a stateless person or a refugee!
In a way though I am a refugee in a foreign land. My true home is where I was before being the individual typing this to share with you. How great it would be to cease the struggle here on earth and be at rest in the presence and being of the all loving God. For now though its his desire for me to be here and so as already stated I shall post the photos and leave you for today.






            Sometimes my brothers and sisters its natural for us to feel sad or wretched and its rotten when people say for us to cheer up because there are many worse off than us!
This is why I am hanging on at times not by any great of power of my own, but by Gods grace alone.
 I pray though that you all have a better day than me, as I reflect on the cross, like the one below, which is trying to be for me the positive sign. Blessings and love from a little bit of a sad soul. Your bro Peter.
                     

No comments: